Tuesday, December 14, 2010

no comic for you :/

Inspired by some webcomics I read, and a conversation with a friend regarding my present employment situation, I drew some quick, sketchy little comics to illustrate some of my thoughts on the whole affair. Perhaps my dear blog followers would like to see this, I thought. Not having a scanner, presently, I decided to just take a digital picture, upload it, and pass it on.

BUT, my camera is not le working right now. Perhaps it is, in it's old age, having lived a long and well-traveled life, finally kicking some digital, metaphorical bucket and shan't be revived. (Rats! foiled again!) (New item to the Christmas list*?) Or, perhaps I just have a set of bad batteries? I shall change them. Hm.. Or I have two sets of bad batteries. Possible, possible.

Following this discovery, I decided that I would take some low-quality pictures (for some low-quality comics) with my fancy new phone with a camera in it, and upload from there. I did take the pictures, but the uploading is not possible without installing a driver. No problem, right? you just type in the model number and "driver" into google and some dear soul will have it all ready for you. Not so much. Couldn't find it. Did, however, find an intelligence stating that driver kits could be purchased through Verizon's X or Y program. What. Forget it. Modern technology/sneaky marketing strikes again!

Perhaps upon my return home (maƱana? next day? depends a bit on weather) I shall endeavor once again to treat you, my dear readers, with my humble attempt at picture story-telling. In the meantime, stay warm, drink lots of hot-liquids, and do some exercise.


*Dear Papa, should this be the case, and I be in the market for a new digital camera (either by gift or by awaiting an employment opportunity and then first paying off various loans) I do not particularly wish to receive a random ebay purchase or your old camera. I would like to put some serious thought into my next digital investment and need some time to do the appropriate research. If, however, you should have any interest in advertising my guitar amp, I would be more than pleased...

1 comment:

  1. Batteries have a ninja-like tendency to discharge themselves sneakily _right_ before you need to use them. I suggest trying more sets and different combination of pairings. For science!

    ReplyDelete